Work With Us
Hope Walks builds sustainable national clubfoot programs in low- and middle-income countries. We have a team of experienced, dedicated individuals who make this possible.
Interested, qualified applicants should apply by sending your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and position title in the subject line
Major Gift Officer
Hope Walks is a new international non-profit organization looking for an experienced and energetic Major Gift Officer to join our rapidly growing organization. Hope Walks began operations in 2019 to glorify God and provide treatment and care for children born with clubfoot. From our US office in Pennsylvania, we support clubfoot care and treatment across 16 countries where more than 20,000 kids are born with clubfoot each year. Today Hope Walks has a growing budget of more than $3.5mm and we are looking to double in size over the next few years.
As a Christian organization, our mission is more than just straight feet but also introducing families to Christ. We are looking for a passionate, skilled and experienced individual committed to joining with us to share the impact of our ministry and invite individuals and families to join with us to continue to glorify God and help kids with clubfoot walk free from disability.
- Work with the leadership team to develop and implement an annual mid and major donor fundraising strategy to achieve strategic and operational goals in accordance with Hope Walks’ mission and values.
- Lead mid and major gift development process from prospect research and cultivation to stewardship, including meeting with, calling, praying for, and thanking donors.
- Foster deeper strategic relationships with Hope Walks’ partners: Board of Directors, donors, churches, and foundations to achieve our mission.
- Collaborate with the program teams to ensure accurate reporting of program information and outcomes to provide meaningful donor engagement.
- Manage and develop intentional relationships with individuals and families to steward relationships to help kids with clubfoot and meet annual fundraising goals.
- Using our CRM (Virtuous) to manage relationships, communication and goals to improve fundraising processes and outcomes.
- Provide professional development and mentor our international Hope Walks staff to increase generosity in the countries where Hope Walks serves.
- Work collaboratively with the communication and marketing team to highlight the impact of our programs and the generosity of our donors.
- Support Hope Walks grant coordinator with proposals to donors and foundation prospects.
- Set the standard and be a model for a God-honoring, theological lens for fundraising.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a relevant area, such as Public Relations, Non-profit Administration, Sales, Marketing or Communications or a related field.
- Minimum eight (8) years experience with development and fundraising activities and direct engagement with mid and major donors.
- CFRE certification preferred.
- Previous experience preferred, working in non-profit fundraising and strategic partnerships particularly those related to children or people with disabilities.
- Personal faith in Christ and commitment to the mission of Hope Walks.
- Experience in Christian ministry and/or opportunities that have been focused on sharing the gospel, disciple-making, or biblical teaching.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally 20-30% of the time.
Interested, qualified applicants should apply by sending their resume and cover letter to email@example.com with their name and the position they are interested in in the subject line.
The communication intern will assist with a number of projects related to producing content to feed Hope Walks’ social media, blogs and other channels. The position ideally will be based in the US office currently located in Dillsburg, PA, but remote options will also be considered.
The unpaid internship is will focus heavily on social media. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of what works in social media and how to take advantage of it to advance the mission of Hope Walks.
- Produce content on a weekly basis that will be used in various channels of communication, including web, blogs, social media, email and print
- Special event support for in-person/remote gala and Hope Hikes
- Create weekly and monthly social media schedules with both written and visual content
- Write two-three patient stories each week for use on website blog
- Must be working toward a degree in communication, marketing, journalism, English or other related fields.
- Working knowledge of AP Style preferred
- Working knowledge of social media platforms, tactics and strategies
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills – including the ability to clearly convey and incite passion
- Some graphic design experience and skills a plus but not required (Adobe Creative Suite and Canva)
- Strong organizational skills, time management
- Personal faith in Christ and commitment to the mission of Hope Walks
Candidates who get to the final stages of consideration will be asked to complete a writing assignment.
Interested, qualified applicants should apply by sending your
- Cover Letter
- Several writing samples
to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and position title in the subject line.